News and Events
Walk-In Advising for Students Exploring Majors
Academic Advising Services (AAS) provides Walk-in Advising in FYC Commons for students who are exploring undergraduate majors at NC State. Cross-curricular advisors can help students evaluate potential majors, navigate the on-campus transfer process (CODA), and plan appropriate coursework as students transition between majors. No appointment is necessary. To minimize wait times, advising sessions may be limited to 15-20 minutes per student.
Walk-in advising hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 11 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and Wednesdays, 2-4 p.m., when the University is open. NOTE: Due to staff training, there will be no walk-in hours on Tuesday, July 29. Also, we have abbreviated walk-in hours for Friday, August 1; walk-in will be available 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on this date.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the close of walk-in hours. Location: 2nd floor of FYC Commons (between the gym and Student Health Center on Cates Ave.)
After your advising session, you will be asked to complete a brief online survey of your advising experience in AAS. Thanks in advance!
Make the most of your advising time! Review our checklist and prepare before you come!
- Visit departmental websites and Explore Majors & Minors to learn more about majors, minors and careers
- Review transfer requirements on the CODA website
- Review the semester-by-semester plan for your major(s) of interest to see a recommended course progression
- Check the "what if" degree audit for your intended major to see your remaining requirements
- For registraion preparation, put together your proposed courses for the upcoming terms and add them to your Planner in MyPack
- Write down your questions and bring them with you to advising