News and Events
Walk-In Advising for Students Exploring Majors
Academic Advising Services (AAS) provides Walk-in Advising in FYC Commons for students who are exploring and/or changing undergraduate majors at NC State. Cross-curricular advisors can help students evaluate potential majors, navigate the on-campus transfer process (CODA), and plan appropriate coursework as students transition between majors. Appointments are not available. To minimize wait times, advising sessions may be limited to 20 minutes per student. (Please note: students who are planning to remain in their major need to see their assigned academic advisor).
WALK-IN ADVISING HOURS: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 11 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and Wednesdays, 2-4 p.m.
Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the close of walk-in hours. Location: 2nd floor of FYC Commons (between the gym and Student Health Center on Cates Ave.)
After your advising session, you will be asked to complete a brief online survey of your advising experience in AAS. Thanks in advance!
Checklist for walk-in advising:
- Look at Explore Majors & Minors to see your options.
- Review requirements to change majors on the Change of Degree Application-CODA site.
- In mypack portal do the "what if" with the degree audit to see how your credits "fit" in another major.
- Plan some courses that you want to take.
- Write your questions and bring them with you to make the most of your advising meeting.