News and Events
Walk-In Advising for Students Exploring Majors
Academic Advising Services (AAS) provides Walk-in Advising in FYC Commons for students who are exploring majors at NC State. Cross-curricular advisors can help students evaluate potential majors, navigate the on-campus transfer process (CODA), and plan appropriate coursework as students transition between majors. No appointment is necessary. To minimize wait times, advising sessions may be limited to 15-20 minutes per student.
Walk-In Advising Hours for week of 5/20/13
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
THERE WILL BE NO WALK-IN HOURS ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 22Wednesday, 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Checklist for students changing/exploring majors:
- Visit departmental websites and What Can I Do With a Major In...? to learn more about majors and careers
- Review transfer requirements on the CODA website
- Review the semester-by-semester plan for your major(s) of interest to see a recommended course progression
- Check the "what if" degree audit for your intended major to see your remaining requirements
- For registraion preparation, put together your proposed courses for the upcoming terms and add them to your degree plan in MyPack
- List your questions and bring them with you to walk-in advising
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the close of walk-in hours.